a treat for all your senses



it's been 22 weeks since my last post.

in five days i will be moving to my new home. i will have a thousand-plus square feet all to myself. i will be bringing my cactus and mushrooms with me, though, of course, they will live on the back patio. i will probably go insane, but not with as much style as jack torrance.

the man who lives upstairs is from italy. he talks like an italian person in a movie. with the hands, and all that. there is a map of italy on his wall, in case he forgets what it looks like, or to point at when visitors come over (which he did, when i did).

the picture is of some stuff i made out of strawberries and sugar and lemons. you can also see part of my knee. and my keyboard, and my cheap fake wood grain melamine desk.

while cleaning out my closet tonight i found this silk sheet set i bought (four, five?) years ago in suzhou. i've never slept on them. they're still wrapped in the original cheap chinese plastic bags. i wonder if any of the chinese writing on the plastic bags is the equivalent of the "keep away from baby's head" nonsense that is on everything in the united states. maybe it says "keep away flom baby's head, unress it is a girl baby, in which case nobody is really going to give you a hard time."

No comments: